6.30.2013

Sports Scarf - Part 1

I'm so excited to finally be sharing this project. Marshfield Clinic, where I work, is the presenting sponsor for the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure® event and I was asked to design a multi-use sports scarf to be given away at the event. 

(The scarves are also known as 'buffs' or 'rally-wear'. Click HERE for the quick visual if you're not familiar).  

How perfect that I get to try out textile design for the very first time and all for a great cause! I loved diving into the pattern design world and I wanted to share some of the process. These are only small portions of what went down - I went through a lot of color palettes and a lot of sketches and things got revamped even more when it all hit the computer screen. Even though there were some difficult moments trying to get my sketches to translate on screen the way I wanted them to, it was still an incredible project to be a part of. And big thanks to all the people I work with for amazing feedback as well. 

I will wait til Part 2 (after the race on August 11th) to show you the finished designs and scarves themselves. But for now - here's a small peek how things developed.




No comments:

Post a Comment