5.11.2013

map wall art - part 1


I’ve been brainstorming wall art ideas for quite awhile now. (see MAP section) Right now I’m trying to create two complimentary designs – one of Italy (where we’ve been), one of Hawaii (where we'll go someday). I’m also brainstorming ways to combine graphic elements of a few other favorite things: maybe string lights? constellations? minimalist design? pop of color? grey + white pattern? I feel like I could design this project 50 different ways but am struggling to come up with one design I like. Here's part 1 of the process: Starting off with some inspirational maps and designs, doing some sketching and then messing around the hawaii map. Once I get a design that I'm happy with, if that ever happens, I will start the Italy map and WA-LA, we will get some design work up on the walls. :)

1  .  2  .  3  .  4  .  5  .  6



2 comments: