12.23.2012

leather handbag love

I'd been searching for the perfect leather handbag since...since forever it feels. A sophisticated, quality, rich brown, leather handbag. And then I started a new job and wanted a new handbag even MORE. 

Here's a bunch that I'd been lovvvving - but unfortunately - most were WAY out of my range *tear* ... so I kept on searchin'.





Chloe Bag  •  (no longer available)


Stuart Weitzman Flaptote • (no longer available) • $595 


Prada Handbag • (no longer available)
omg, I drool over that last one every time I look at it. *sigh* 

I also did a little pencil/watercolor sketch, modeled after the Fossil Satchel:




Happy ending to my little handbag story. I recently found an amazing bag on eBay for a mere $55. It's that perfect worn-in, soft, brown leather. It's a convertible (both short straps and adjustable cross-body strap) and has tons of pockets and fits my work binder. It's a little more on the masculine side but I still adore it. The color is somewhere in between the shots I've taken - which was is so nice because I think it's really hard to find a darker brown leather that's not too cognac or chestnut. And the smell - UGH - you can't beat that awesome leather smell. :)



4 comments:

  1. LOVE love love that bag! GREAT and affordable Find:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey! Definitely feeling pretty lucky :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I definitely second that Casey! Love your new /old bag Neen! I would love to find a nice brown purse, if you find any more treasures out there send them my way! :) Also....pretty pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! And yes, I will keep my eyes open for sure :)

      Delete